Friday 16 May 2008

Day Trip






Last Tuesday we went to Abbey Road and took some pictures!  That is where the famous Beatles picture is.  We also went to the British Library and I was not impressed.  The Library of Congress is way prettier and cooler! Tuesday night I saw the Lion King!  It was really amazing.  The costumes were spectacular.  I had two favorite parts.  The first one was in the very beginning when everyone sings "The Circle of Life" and the second part was the "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" scene.  It was very powerful!  The only problem was that the air conditioning was blowing right on my back and I was wearing a square back so I was freezing!!  It was quite miserable.  Wednesday morning, our group left at 7 a.m. on a charter bus for an overnight excursion.  We traveled 3 hours to get to Stratford Upon Avon (Shakespeare).  We went to his wife's house and where his grave is.  Then we went to a pub and got some dinner.  After dinner we went to the play "A Midsummer's Night Dream."  I saw that play in February at BYU and I thought it was really good, but this one was just weird.  I could hardly even keep my eyes open.  All my friends (9 of us) fell dead asleep in the second half of the play.  It was a funny site.  I wish I had a picture.  That night we stayed in different bed and breakfast places.  It was so cute!  They are really formal and quant.  Our beds were amazing.  The beds in our flats are really bad.  My back hurts so bad every morning.  Our sheets have holes in them!  And we don't even have a fitted sheet or a mattress pad.  We just have to tuck a normal sheet under the mattress.  Anyway, in the morning our hostess, Annie, made our english breakfast.  It consisted of toast, a fried egg, mushrooms, a fried tomato, sausage and blood pudding.  Needless to say, I ate about 4 pieces of toast and 2 bananas.  I didn't even try the blood pudding because just the thought of it made me gag.  It's a type of pudding that is made with the animals blood.  My friend tried it and said it really did taste like blood.  That day we went to Shakespeare's birth place and ate at a little crepe place.  The whole time I was in that city, I just kept thinking "who cares?"  I obviously do not really care about that stuff.   Then we got back on the bus and traveled to Oxford.  I liked that a lot!  We got to see a few of the places where Harry Potter was filmed!  It was really cool.  That night we ate at McDonald's.  I don't even eat that in America, but we thought it would be fun to try it here because we heard it was different.  It wasn't!  It was amazing!!  I had a chicken snack wrap, fries and an apple pie thing and I was so happy!  Then we came home and I took a very needed shower and got in bed.  Last week the weather was sunny with 80 degrees, but now it is back to 50 degrees and raining.  The rain really is depressing.  I could never live where it is so dreary all the time.  This weekend it's called the "short weekend" because we supposedly have a break.  I don't understand why though.  It's the same as any other weekend.  I think we might go to a theme park and go on a tour bus of the city!  Then go clubbing tonight.  It's been a while.  I'm excited!

No comments: