Thursday 1 May 2008

Busy Body


WOW!  There is so much to do in this city!!  We are seriously doing something every single second.  I love it!  It's opposite of BYU Hawaii.  Everything is fast paced and no smiling is allowed.  If you say "excuse me" it doesn't matter because people don't move.  I have started to give people rude looks who aren't polite.  So basically to every person in London.  I don't think they really notice though because their faces are always rude.  Anyway we started having class.  One of my teachers is really laid back and the other is very serious.  The serious one teaches Shakespeare and it's actually going to be kind of a hard class.  That's embarrassing that I am admitting this, but it's true.  I don't want to have to do multiple assignments every night!  I'm in London!  Oh well.  We have been to some amazing sights!  Yesterday we went to the Westminster Abby.  It is also known as the Church of England.  It was so amazing!!  It is almost 1,000 years old.  I couldn't believe it.  We couldn't take pictures inside, but the architecture was out of control.  It just boggles my mind.  Inside, there are a bunch of famous English people buried there.  Some of the more interesting ones include Isaac Newton, Charles Dickens, and Charles Darwin.  It was pretty cool!  I wanted to get Isaac up from the grave and tell me he has caused a lot of pain in my life the last few years because of all his math discoveries.  We also saw Big Ben, the London Eye, Hyde Park and some other things.  There have been multiple adventures on the tube and rain like no other.  It's pretty much freezing here.  I have to wear a sweater, a zip up sweatshirt and my big rain coat.  I had three hoods on today!  People can tell we are from America.  But the boys don't seem to mind.  Yesterday I met a huge group of boys from Belgium.  I told them it was cool they were from there and they didn't know why that was cool. haha I said because I am from the United States and anywhere else is cool to me!!  They called me "beautiful Brittany from America" and one of them actually asked me for my number!  I laughed.  Today we went to the British Museum.  I thought of that Michael Buble song where it says "the British Museum has lost it's charm..."  Yeah I am a nerd.  It was the most amazing museum I have ever been too.  And that's saying something.  We saw the actual statues from the Panthenon, the Rosetta Stone, Sutton Hue and a lot more things.  I liked it.  Tonight we are going to the play "Romeo and Juliet."  It should be fun.

No comments: