Thursday 8 May 2008

So much to do!!!




It's been a while!!  Monday we went to the London zoo.  We heard it was one of the greatest zoos on the planet, but I would have to disagree.  I think it is the only zoo in Europe so they just say that to get people there.  But it was still really fun!  It felt like we were in California, and it was kind of nice for a change.  Tuesday we went to the National Gallery.  It was so awesome!!  We saw paintings such as "Sunflowers" by Van Gough, and "The Virgin of the Rocks" by Di Vinci!  There were so many famous paintings.  I was reminded of all the good times I had in elementary school when my mom was the art master piece teacher. Good times.     Wednesday we went to the St. James park and played.  The weather has been extremely hot!!  None of us were prepared.  So we have been wearing our undershirts as shirts and sporting pony tails with sunglasses.  It's pretty fun!  We look like locals.  The last night we went to a really good and expensive dinner!  I hadn't had meat since we left, so I ordered a chicken breast that was filled with motzerella cheese and had a really good sauce.  When I got home I was really sick!  I think I got food poisoning.  It was not fun at all.  Today we tried to go to the criminal courts to watch a case, but we couldn't get in because we all had electronics in our bags.  So we tried to leave them at this little cafe that will hold things for a pound per bag.  So we all put our cameras and ipods in one purse, and then the lady was like "how many items are in there?" and I said "I don't know 9 or 10?" and she said "well it's a pound an item."  and we were mad because the man had just told us a pound a bag!  Then she was like "1 camera is 1 pound, 2 cameras is 2 pounds, 3 cameras is four pounds," and she was holding her fingers up and just being so so rude!!  So then I said "Oh so 4 cameras is 4 pounds and 5 cameras is 5 pounds and 6 cameras is 6 pounds?  Wow!"  I was really rude back.  And she said "I'm leaving."  And she left her cafe.  We were all so annoyed at the dumb lady!!!  I think that was our breaking point because everybody here is so rude!  They have no manners and they just are not friendly.  So we left the place and went to a little shopping area that has cheap market stuff and nice places to shop too.  I bought a sweatshirt and a luffa for the shower.  It was fun.  Tonight we are going to see Wicked!!!  I am so so excited!!  

No comments: