Wednesday 28 May 2008

Spotted Dick




Yesterday the weather was gloomy.  After we went to class we went and tried to find a "spotted dick."  Now, don't be offended.  This is the title of a delicate dessert served in London.  So as we searched and asked around where we could find one of these, we got a lot of weird looks like we were freaks.  This is a picture of a spotted dick.  Don't ask me why it is called like that. Our teacher told us everybody would know what we were talking about, but obviously she was wrong.  Awkward.  We never found it.  So we just went shopping to the biggest Top Shop ever!!!  Top Shop is a really cute store, but it's not really in my price range right now.  It would be comparable to Nordstrom's prices.  If my mom was here then I would be going crazy.  It is 3 levels of just girls clothes.  They even have a candy shop, a style expert and so many other cool things!!!  Every girl needs the chance to go there before she dies.  So we didn't buy anything, but then we ventured over to H&M.  We are getting mad at that store because they need to change out their clothes!  I want new things to choose from.  I didn't buy anything there either.  When we came home we at at this cute little cafe place right by our house in South Kensington.  I got a leafy green tuna salad thing.  The dressing was just olive oil and vinegar and it was amazing!!!! I am on the no carb diet and I have been doing really well.  Except yesterday I had to make an exception when I saw the nut man on the street with hot toasted cinnamon and sugar nuts!!  How could you resist on such a gloomy day?  Besides that (and a cookie I had after dinner), I have been doing really well!  Pretty sure I am skinnier already.  I have to be cute for the beach and Lauren's wedding!  Today we are going to see St. Paul's cathedral.  It is going to be amazing because it is basically the same thing as the Vadican in Italy.  Anyway, I am so so so excited to go to the beach!!!!!  

No comments: