Wednesday 28 May 2008

I Like Catholics.

























So we went to St. Paul's Cathedral.  There is only one word to describe it.  Wow.  It was seriously amazing.  It is comparable to the Vatican in size and decor.  I was in love the moment I walked inside.  It amazed me that a church has been on that land since 607 AD.  Of course it has burnt down multiple times, but the last time we rebuilt it was in 1600.  We took the 450 steps up to the top of the dome.  The capitol building dome view was more impressive.  After we were finished walking around, we stayed for the 5:00 evensong.  There were very young boys in the choir and very old boys.  The age range was weird.  It was so amazing though.  The organ was played very little so the whole thing was a cappella. I enjoyed it a lot!  As I was reading Psalms, I just realized that I am very grateful to the Catholic church for keeping Christianity alive while the church was off the earth.  What would we do without them?  I grabbed a pass along card while I was in the institute building the other day and I wanted to leave it at the church, but it was in my other purse.  Next time.

No comments: