Saturday 10 May 2008

Ready for Sunday



Wicked is the best show on the planet!!!!!  I cried at the end because I loved it so much!!  It would be so fun to be in a show like that.  I wish I could sing!  It really was amazing.  One of my friends and I started crying at the end because it was just so amazing, and then I started laughing because I was embarrassed and of course it turned into the laugh cry.  That is the worst!  But the best at the same time.  It's just not fun because I really can't control myself, laughing and crying.  Anyway, yesterday we went to Brighton Beach.  It is the place where all the celebrities live.  We had to take a train across the countryside there and it was so beautiful!  The beach was all rocks, but it didn't even hurt to lay on.  It was kind of weird.  It was really fun though!  It really had a California feel.  We went on the pier, and I only lasted a few minutes.  I hate piers and whoever I marry will know I hate piers.  They are just dirty with dirty people.  I did buy a chocolate banana crepe though.  It was great!  That night I noticed that I was really sunburned.  I didn't even care because I don't want to be a ghost when I go back to Utah!!  Last night we went to see the movie "What Happens in Vegas" and we had a really good time!!  It was fun.  We felt like we were in the USA and we liked it.  The movie was great!!  I was laughing so hard that I was clapping.  I know, it's embarrassing to go anywhere with me.  I also cried at the end of this.  Haha yeah I don't know why I have been so emotional lately.  Today we went to the Portabella Market.  They have antiques and clothes and treasures and a lot of junk.  I bought a real gold claddagh ring from the 1950's.  My mom bought me one from Ireland a long time ago, but I lost it.  I also bought a new wallet and a few summer clothes because it's so hot and humid here!!  We don't have any plans for tonight, but we are going grocery shopping.  Exciting I know.  Tomorrow is Mother's Day.  I have the best mother on the planet.  I have been a lot of places on the planet so I can say that.  She is the only mother out of my friends on the study abroad who emails her daughter daily.  And it's not just a few sentences, it's a novel.  I love it!!  It really means so much to me to know she cares.  I love her so much and I hope one day I am just like her!  All my guy friends already say we look exactly alike and that is the biggest complement to me!  Thanks for everything mom.  I love you!  And Happy Mother's day to my Grandma Davis, Grandma B and all my aunts!  You are all great examples!  Love you!

Mom, you're a wonderful mother, 
So gentle, yet so strong.
The many way you show you care 
Always make me feel I belong.
You're patient when I'm foolish;
You give guidance when I ask;
It seems you can do most anything;
You're the master of every task.
You're a dependable source of comfort;
You're my cushion when I fall.
You help in times of trouble; 
You support me whenever I call.
I love you more than I can express;
You have my total respect.
If I had my choice of mothers,
You'd be the one I'd select!

No comments: